Upper Valley Good Day Respite Program
Lake Sunapee Region VNA and Hospice is proud to further serve residents of the Upper Valley with the opening of the Upper Valley Good Day Respite Program. Good Day Respite is an adult day program providing a safe, supportive, caring environment for individuals with mild to moderate memory loss or dementia. Volunteers are an essential and required part of the program.
- Volunteer schedules are very flexible.
- Volunteers can commit to as little as 1 day per month for 2 hours.
- Volunteers work in shifts in the morning or afternoon directly supporting participants.
- Volunteers can also help for an hour or two putting lunch together.
- Upper Valley Good Day Respite will meet every Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 p.m. at the Lebanon United Methodist Church, 18 School Street in Lebanon.
- Opening day will be Friday, March 9th from 9:00 amto noon with an orientation for new participants, caregivers and all volunteers
More About Respite
- Studies show that meaningful social interaction not only brightens the spirit but provides health benefits as well, helping to counteract everything from depression to physical illness.
- Kearsarge Good Day Respite offers interactive and stimulating activities in a safe, supportive environment.
- Hands-on projects, arts, crafts, games, cooking, music, special guests and more engage and enrich participants. Participants may engage in these activities as much or as little as they wish.
- Provides caregivers of participating individuals the ‘time off’ that is essential to their health and well being.
Daily fee per participant: $40